Signs and Symptoms
The symptoms of RSV disease
It's important to ask your baby's healthcare provider about symptoms to look out for, especially during your baby's first months at home.
If your baby has RSV disease
He or she will start to get sick about 4 to 6 days after being infected.
You might start noticing some symptoms of the infection like coughing, sneezing, and fever.
RSV Disease Signs and Symptoms
If, at any time, you see any of these RSV disease warning signs, call your baby's healthcare provider right away:
- Coughing or wheezing that does not stop
- Fast or troubled breathing
- A fever (especially if it is greater than 100.4°F in infants under 3 months of age)
- A bluish color around the mouth or fingernails
- Spread-out nostrils and/or a caved-in chest when trying to breathe
- Gasping for breath